Each year, Willow Center provides a comprehensive Report to the Community in partnership with the Rochester/Monroe County Domestic Violence Consortium. The Community Report includes data from law enforcement, Monroe County 911 calls, the District Attorney’s Office, and Willow Center.
The Community Report is released in early October each year to launch Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
2017 Report Highlights:
- 4,789 reports of domestic violence were made in 2016 in Monroe County
- Monroe County reports of domestic violence are above state rates, with the rates in the City of Rochester 2.8 times the statewide rate
- Domestic violence impacts all zip codes with 52% of domestic violence reports coming from the city and 48% from suburban communities
- In 2016, 48,970 calls to the Monroe County 911 dispatch service were classified as domestic incidents
- Willow Center’s 24/7 Hotline received over 5,110 calls last year and Willow Center’s emergency shelter provided housing for 384 survivors in 2016-2017
- Willow Center’s Court Advocacy Program served 2,301 clients seeking an order of protection in 2016-2017