Willow Center and the Rochester/Monroe County Domestic Violence Consortium issued the 3rd Annual Domestic Violence Report to the Community on the prevalence of domestic violence within Monroe County.
The full report can be accessed here with the following highlights:
- 4,709 reports of domestic violence were made in 2014 in Monroe County
- Monroe County reports of domestic violence are above state rates, with the rates in the City of Rochester nearly 2.5 times the statewide rate
- Domestic violence impacts all zip codes with 49% of domestic violence reports coming from the city and 51% from suburban communities. 2014 was the first time suburban reports of domestic violence incidents surpassed urban rates, since reporting in 2008
- In 2014, over 50,000 calls to the County 911 dispatch service were classified as domestic incidents
- Willow Center’s 24/7 Hotline received over 5,000 calls last year – an average of 14 calls each day – and Willow Center’s emergency shelter provided housing for over 460 survivors in 2014