Each year, Willow Center provides a comprehensive Report to the Community in partnership with the Rochester/Monroe County Domestic Violence Consortium. The Community Report includes data from law enforcement, Monroe County 911 calls, the District Attorney’s Office, and Willow Center services data.
The Community Report is released on October 1st each year to launch Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- 4,804 reports of domestic violence were made in 2015 in Monroe County
- Monroe County reports of domestic violence are above state rates, with the rates in the City of Rochester 2.5 times the statewide rate
- Domestic violence impacts all zip codes with 51% of domestic violence reports coming from the city and 49% from suburban communities
- In 2015, over 48,908 calls to the County 911 dispatch service were classified as domestic incidents
- Willow Center’s 24/7 Hotline received over 4,732 calls last year and Willow Center’s emergency shelter provided housing for 458 survivors in 2015